Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What a year it's been

Last weekend was a doozy. Dina had a Creative Memories retreat from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon, so I was in charge of the three boys. Luckily, my mom came up to help out. What made the weekend tricky was that Caden and Rohan had separation anxiety and had a really tough time getting to sleep without Dina there. Dina actually ended up coming back home on Friday night because she forgot a few things, so the babies clung to her while she was home. Saturday was spent pretty much just hanging out around the house. Griffin played a lot of Mario Kart Wii with Grandma. It just cracks me up how much he loves to play that game, and how well he does, considering he's only three and a half years old.

Saturday night was a really long night. Dina wasn't around, so the boys were distraught again. My mom and I took shifts staying up with them, as they'd only sleep for about an hour at a time. They both woke me up at 5 a.m., and since I had nothing else to do and no one else was awake, I watched the newest Battlestar Galactica episode. WOW! That was one powerful and perfectly done episode. I can't wait for the remaining episodes of the season as the series winds to a close.

The rest of Sunday was spent getting the house ready for the party that evening. Oh, did I mention Caden and Rohan's birthday was on the 19th? Yay! We had a little party with family on Sunday night to celebrate. I still can't believe it's already been a year since Dina and I made the late-night drive to Menomonie, WI, where the babies were born. Wow! Anyway, attending the party were Grandma Lynn; Grandpa Dice; Grandma Cathy and her friend Todd; Aunt Gretchen, Uncle Vidi, and cousins Devin and Keefe; and Uncle Guy and cousin Lizzie. Caden and Rohan got some cool new toys and clothes, and we had some good food, with cake and ice cream. Little kid birthdays are fun! I'll put some pics up when I pull them off the camera.

Keefe stayed at our place Sunday night, and I had Monday off work for MLK Jr. Day. Griffin was tickled...he adores his cousin Keefe, and wants to be doing things with him constantly. Keefe was a great sport, but I could tell he was getting annoyed at times. Dina took Griffin and Keefe ice skating Monday morning. We also did a little shopping, and had a visit from Dina's friend Christine and her son Aidan, who is good friends with Griffin. That evening Griffin had his ice skating lessons. He's doing pretty good; he can skate for a short time without the cheater stand (they call them "race cars" at the lesson), and whenever he falls down he always gets right back up. He is so determined to skate - he loves it! It's pretty cool to watch. Keefe's mom picked him up later that evening.

Last night Dina and I took the twins to get their one-year pictures taken. We went to Flash Photography; we've always been really happy with the results we've gotten from them. There were some very cute pictures taken, and I can't wait to see the prints.

Tonight - the season five premiere of Lost! Woo hoo! It's been a long time since the end of season four, and I'm itching for more. It is going to be a little draining watching both Battlestar Galactica and Lost at the same time...those are two of the best shows on TV, and they're heavy-hitters. I think I'm up to the task, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment