Monday, August 25, 2008

The Minnesota State Fair

The day after my blood donating experience, my mom came into town and joined my family in going to the Minnesota State Fair. I love the Fair. I think I only went once as a kid, which is really too bad, because I think I would have had a lot of fun. As it was I basically walked around in wonder at how much of everything there was. Livestock, people, grease...everything in abundance.

Griffin, my three-year-old, had an absolute blast. First of all, he loves spending time with Grandma Lynn. But he loves pretty much everything else about the Fair, too. Highlights for him were the Kidway rides, the huge corn dog (so long he could hardly reach the end), the fish tanks at the DNR building, the newborn animal barn, and the butterfly house.

Caden and Rohan had a pretty good time, too. They love being outside, feeling the wind, and soaking everything in that they see - and there was a lot for them to see! It was pretty warm outside, so for much of the day we had them wearing only their diapers. It is amazing how drawn people are to twin babies wearing diapers! There were countless "awwwwww" comments from people. Grandma Lynn couldn't get her fill of carrying a baby. I'm sure her arms were pretty sore the next day!

We had my mom up for the Fair last year, too, and it's a family tradition I like and want to continue. I love the feeling of creating family traditions for my family. It's very rewarding and fulfilling. I love being a dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment