Thursday, January 31, 2008

Delirium

I haven't posted in a couple days, because illness has been touching my family. A few days ago my eldest son was up all night puking. Fun. He didn't really understand what was going on, so he was pretty scared. We went through a lot of bed sheets. He seemed to be better the next day, but then he puked again the next night. And the next night. The next day (yesterday) my wife got it and was letting loose the floodgates as well. I thought maybe I'd avoid it, but, alas, it hit me later that day as well. Luckily the babies were unaffected (so far...eep).

The sucky parts of being toilet-ridden (to borrow a phrase from rhyan/djay) are well-known. The fun part, though, is that if you're sick enough you get to experience a taste of LSD-like hallucination. Yesterday there was one point where I was convinced I was living Space Quest II: Vohaul's Revenge. I had just crashed on the planet Labion, and all around me were wonderful low-res graphics. I was ready to go explore the jungle, but I decided to go back to sleep instead. (If you've never heard of Space Quest II, shame on you. Go here.)


I am pretty much better now, as is the rest of my family, but a part of me is secretly waiting for the next time I get to hallucinate from being sick. You've got to look on the bright side, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment